Tuesday 9 January 2018

Reading Book Series


There are so many fabulous series out there in the world of books. I mean, just look at the Harry Potter books.

In my 4 ½ years of blogging I have read a lot of books and lots of series, but I feel it’s becoming more difficult having the overview.

There are some series I absolutely adore and know all the characters and the storylines. However, there are a lot, where I’m actually not sure anymore, about what happened in the first book. Also the characters are sometimes hard to remember, not the main one obviously, but the secondary ones. It’s even more difficult, if all the books are from the main genre.

Don’t get me wrong, I like book series, but they are not easy to read. I really have to adore a story and its characters, to actually be able to properly enjoy it.

It’s always good, if these books can also be read as a standalone. Of course the bigger picture is better, but we don’t all have time to read everything.

Most of the time the books are not all published at the same time, so re-reading would help. I just don’t have the time for it. The wait is really annoying sometimes, but if you really love a series, it’s definitely worth it.

I like series, when another adventure starts or when another character becomes the main character. It’s always so great to see what they are up to and we still get to read about the main characters from previous books.

I still want to read certain series, but I will select them more carefully. It’s not worth it, if I can’t enjoy them properly. I forget what happened before and lose patience.

How do you feel about reading book series?!

No comments:

Post a Comment