Saturday 17 June 2017

Musical Review - Matilda




About the show: 

Matilda the Musical is a stage musical based on the 1988 children's novel of the same name by Roald Dahl. It was adapted by Dennis Kelly, with music and lyrics by Tim Minchin. The musical's narrative centres on Matilda, a precocious 5-year-old girl with the gift of telekinesis, who loves reading, overcomes obstacles caused by her family and school, and helps her teacher to reclaim her life.


My opinion: 

Matilda the Musical is based on Roald Dahl's story. I have have seen this show a few years ago and loved it so much that I treaded my bestie Maryline to see it.

Our seats were on row G a bit in the side. The impressive thing about theis theatre,mor rather the stage are all the colourful letters and numers around the stage and the word Matilda in the middle.

I will not bore you wuth the story for too long. Obviously it's about Matilda, who is very clever and loves to read. Her parents don't like that factbabout her. She is a passionate story teller and finally starts school. Her teacher Miss Honey sees zer talwnt from the start, but not the principal Miss Trunchball.

The music is absolutely brilliant, so much fun to listen too, the lyrics are so clever and
you get a mixture of everything. From ballads, to very deep songs, to fun and exciting songs, especially in the classroom.

I had to cry several times during the musical. Once surprised me a bit though, the song that rocked the most and is actually one of my faves: Revolting Childern. And then of course in the end. I get emotional preetty fast, but I think it's also to do with the brilliant acting. Our Matilda Lilian Hardy did an extrordinary job and so did some others.

There are humour, depth, a great message and so many ither things in this show. The stage is fab and so is the dancing. The kids were absolutely incredible and so talented!

Everything comes together and creates this unique atmosphere for Matilda. I would ho again and again, because it's perfect on so many levels.




2 comments:

  1. I'm going to see it in August in Auckland NZ. So looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Saw it for the second time! Enjoy and let me know what you think x

      Delete