Tuesday 21 August 2018

Home Made Sushi


I LOVE SUSHI!!!

I didn't really know sushi, before I lived in Vancouver for a while in 2010. We went to a lot of Sushi places there and I really got obsessed. 

When I got back I started making Sushi at home with some of my friends. It became a real tradition and we are still doing it. It's just two of us left, but I started teaching it to other friends as well, it's so much fun. 

We usually fill the rolls with salmon, avocado, cucumbers and tuna. Recently we started adding mango or papaya. It's actually very easy, so I thought I'd show you. 

WHAT YOU NEED: 

- Sushi Rice
- Seaweed called Sushi Nori
- Salmon/Tuna (or other things if you like)
- Cucumbers/Avocado
- Papaya/Mango
- Sushi rolling mat or just a towel
- Water in a bowl
- Sharp knife
- Clingfilm
- Soy sauce
- Wasabi paste


WHAT TO DO:

First up is cooking the rice. Just follow the instructions on the packet. The rice takes about 30 minutes in total. After about 15 minutes, start cutting the salmon, tuna, cucumber, avocado etc. in to long and thin pieces. 




After that when everything is ready, leave the rice in the pan and prepare a little bowl with water. Put the clingfilm on top of a towel or the sushi mat and then put the sushi nori on top. You start applying the rice onto the sushi nori and that's when the water comes in. I always put my hand into the water, before taking the rice, because it's really hot. Then I apply the rice on have the nori and usually add two ingredients like salmon and cucumber. You can also add three or four and always mix it up a little bit. 



This is how it's supposed to look. After that you start rolling, you might have to put water on top in the end so it closes properly. Then you cut the sushi into small pieces and put them onto plates. That's it!



This is a simple and easy way, of course there are ways to make it more fancy. I still want to learn how the rice can be outside the nori and not fall off, I haven't mastered that yet. 
To eat it you dip it into the soy sauce, you can add wasabi or thin ginger as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment