Tuesday 24 April 2018

Updating my Bucket List


In August 2014 I published my bucket list, you can see it here: http://simonascornerofdreams.blogspot.ch/2014/08/my-bucket-list.html

It’s almost been four years, so I thought I’d look at it see, whether I achieved it and if I actually still want some of these things.

Things I achieved from the list:

-       New York: Stayed in New York in 2016. LOVED IT!!!
-       California: I have just come back from California and it’s been amazing!!!
-       Meet some of my fave authors: So lucky, to have met so many great authors: Aven Ellis, Holly Martin, Lindsey Kelk, Giovanna Fletcher, Mhairi MacFarlane, Carrie Elks, Heidi Swain etc.
-       Sing a solo in a concert: Still so grateful for this! It’s a dream come true and it was for Les Misérables!
-       Learn Spanish: Just started that, I’m going to Barcelona in October and I really want to be able to speak to the people.
-       Fly in a hot air balloon: Over the desert in Arizona, so amazing!

Six things!!! I’m very happy with that. Most things I mentioned are still on the list, some maybe not as important anymore, but still in my mind. I have met a lot of authors already, but meeting Paige Toon is still on my bucket list.

I’d like to go back to uni at one point, but the subject I’m not sure about. Writing my own novel and musical sound like a lot of fun, but it’s also a lot of work and yes, they are at the back of my mind, but it’s not that high up on the list.

Swimming with dolphins is still high up, also all the traveling destinations, the Northern Lights, living in London and going back to Vancouver.

Obviously, the life and family connected ones are still very important too.

Now, let’s see, if there are any new things:

-       Try skiing and snowboarding again: I used to both. I skied until I was about 12 years old and then I started snowboarding. I haven’t been on the slopes for a few years now, so going back is definitely a goal.
-       Teach in another country: Whether it’s a Swiss school or a local school and I think the experience would be great.
-       Learning to play the guitar: I have wanted to do that for so long!
-       Fly first/business class: Just once would be fab!
-       Organize a bookish event: I think that would be so much fun!
-       Go on a cruise: You can see so many places.

What’s on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment