Saturday 3 March 2018

Glasses vs Contact Lenses


I got my first pair of glasses, when I was 14 years old. At first I was only wearing my specs, but it got really annoying during the PE lessons or for snowballing. That's when I started with contacts. First only daily ones and after some years I switched to two week disposable lenses. A few years ago I had a bad inflammation in might eye and bought new glasses. I love them! The first few months I only wore glasses and the slowly got into contacts again. Now, I switch regularly, depending on mood and weather. 


I really love my glasses! The have a great shape and color. I wear them a lot in winter or when it's raining. I like that I look different wearing them and they are a good contrast to my eyes. You don't need to touch your eyes to wear them and they are very easy to clean. Glasses are cheaper than contact lenses in the long run since they don't need to be replaced as often. They can also adjust the amount of light entering your eye for optimum comfort and vision. I see them as an extension of my personality and they make a great fashion statement! Glasses offer some protection from environmental factors such as wind, dust and debris.

I like wearing my contacts, when it's sunny. I love my sunglasses, so I need to wear contacts. Contacts need a lot of maintenance & care and that takes patience. Wearing them for a long time can make my eyes tired and sometimes I get a headache. Sometimes I also have moments, when I can't put them In (f.e. short night) or when it just doesn't feel good in the eye. It can be inside out, broken or something else. That can be really annoying. With contacts vision is unobstructed and you have a wider field of view, they sit directly on the eye. As I already mentioned, they make things easier for outdoor activities and sports. Glasses can break. Contact lenses won't clash with what you're wearing and they typically aren't affected by weather conditions and won't fog up in cold weather like glasses. Falling asleep with your contacts in is not fun. 

Both have pros and cons. I like them both, so switching between them is the perfect solution for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment