Friday 4 August 2017

Hotel vs Airbnb


You all know how much I love traveling. I try to visit new places every year, yet I have never stayed at an airbnb and of course I have my reasons for it. Since I have never stayed at one, I can’t really say too much about them, but I can explain why.

When I travelled with my parents, I didn’t choose obviously. Airbnbs came up in the past few years and I have friends who stayed in them. In the last few years, I have either travelled solo, visited friends or went with my mum/family. I don’t really travel with my friends, because they are all spread out, not really travel compatible with me or I just go visit them.

In Florida two years ago we stayed at hotels just by the beach, which was great because they had the pool and everything else and in Siesta Key we always rent the same apartment, I guess it’s kind of like airbnb, because people rent out their apartment. When I go with my mum, we always book a hotel, because that’s what she wants and feels comfortable with. I actually feel the same way anyway, but I will come to that in a second. For my solo travels last year I book a hotel from the start, because I just don’t feel safe enough on my own, going to an apartment and not really knowing the people. In a city like New York or Chicago there is a lot going on and a hotel just gives me this comfortable feeling. In Dallas I stayed with my friend this year, which is always an option, if they have the space of course.

I have heard about some fabulous airbnbs, but that’s not a given right?! There are stories of being robbed or hit by the people who own the place and that’s just not fun. The only advantage I can really see in airbnbs is the price. They tend to be a lot cheaper than hotel rooms. Check-in can be a bit of a nightmare though, because you get given times and you don’t have the 24/7 reception option. I also think that airbnbs are not really convenient for a short stay. There is obviously no room service and no breakfast included.

For me it’s very clear, I prefer the hotel, especially because of the safety, their expertise and many other points.

Of course there is no right or wrong here, you do what is best for you and what you feel comfortable with.

Here is what my Twitter followers thought:



What do you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment