Saturday 25 May 2019

The Man The Music The Show - Hugh Jackman in Concert

Ever since watching the Les Misérables movie I have been a huge Hugh Jackman fan. I knew him before as well, but after that movie, in which he was absolutely phenomenal and brilliant, I watched a lot of YouTube videos of him singing and performing. I guess you could say, I fell in love with him. 

Well, I watched that movie I don’t know how many times now... And then came The Greatest Showman. A fab movie, with great music and an amazing Hugh Jackman. He really is the born showman. When I found out he is going on a world tour, I freaked out. I immediately booked tickets form y mum and me, because she is even the bigger fan. She always tells me that he is too old for me ;). 

Sunday, May 19 2019 was the day! We headed to the Hallenstation in Zurich, one of the biggest concert halls we have in Switzerland, omg I was so excited. The concert started on time with the opening song from The Greatest Showman. And there he was, performing live on stage, in front of us. Omg, that man has a fabulous stage presence and charisma!!!

He continued with more songs from The Greatest Showman and moved on to other musicals, my highlight was obviously Les Misérables, next to The Greatest Showman. He also talked o lot, got very personal and was just funny. He talked about his childhood, his life as an actor/singer, his wife and much more. He had the perfect song for these moments and memories and the feelings really came across. He really has a gift and talent, Hugh Jackman was definitely born to be on stage. His voice is amazing, his acting is brilliant and omg, can he dance. The emotions in every song really come alive, he acts with his whole body. 
There were dancing numbers in between as well, a choir, who joined him sometimes and he had lots of dancers and singers as well. They got to do a lot, even sang songs with him, like One Day More from Les Miséerables. In the first act he called Keala Settle on stage, who played the bearded lady in The Greatest Showman and she sang This Is Me, just incredible!!!! I had tears in my eyes and couldn't deal when they moved on to Les Misérables. He sang songs from Peter Allan and played him on stage as well, that was so funny. Two people from the audience even got to go on stage, jealous!!!!

 
He sang more songs from musicals like Guys and Dolls, Cabaret or Singing in the Rain. It was over way too soon, I wish I could go again. It’s one of the best concerts, I have ever been to. I really need to watch both movies again soon and I can’t stop listening to The Greatest Showman soundtrack. 

Hugh Jackman seemed so down to earth, honest and relatable. He has a lot of charisma and let’s just be clear here: He is absolutely phenomenal, incredible and magnificent!

THE MAN THE MUSIC THE SHOW, the perfect name for this show!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment