Saturday 9 February 2019

My Moving Process


I promised you post about moving (out), so here we go.

When moving out for the first time and finally living at home you have to think about a lot of things. Here is what I did. 

Before moving:

Of course I was looking for apartments and when I saw the one I have now, I immediately fell in love. There is a reason why I waited for so long. Rents are really expensive in my area and I wanted a big enough apartment for all my things, it wasn't easy. It also meant that I was able to save a lot of money for furiture and other things. Anyway I applied for it and the day after I had the approval, I went furniture shopping. Well, actually I just wanted to have a look and ended up buying some things already. During the summer a lot of furniture stores in the area had sales, so everything was a lot cheaper. With the outline of the apartment I went to the stores and decided to get a sofa, bed, wardrobe, table and carpet immediately. After a while and going to other furiniture stores I added other things like a chair, a cupboard for the entrance as well as the bedroom, plus things for the loving room. On top of that I also saw a lot of decor things. I already decided to go with the colour blue. I went to outlet stores as well to get things like pans, plates, glasses etc. Thankfully I was also able to get things from my uncle and grandmother. I also started packing of course and that was also the chance to sort things out. I left a lot of things with my mum and dad as well, because of space. 
When moving day got closer I made a plan on what to move on which day, when the furniture people arrive etc. 

Moving: 

It all started with getting the key, the Friday before the actual moving day, which meant I was able to start doing things on the weekend. We started moving some boxes on the weekend and put everything in the kitchen. Since I didn't have a bed yet, I didn't sleep there in the beginning. On Monday the first furniture lot arrived and more arrived the following days. We moved more boxes and I was able to unpack them, move my clothes etc.Frommy room I also took my desk, a cupboard and a USM furniture, that had to be taken apart and moved as well. My family was helping a lot of course. At the same time I also had to start shopping for general things like toilet paper, oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, cleaning stuff etc. Unpacking all the boxes took me quite a while. Slowly I also started putting up some of the decor. Then I slept in my apartment for the first time, which was very special. I also had to inform the villiage commune. 

After moving: 

After settling in there were still a lot of things that had to be done. I only had some lights in the hallway, kitchen and bathroom, so I had to buy lamps and lights. There were also other things that I only realised I needed, after moving in. Of course that's normal, it's an ongoing process. Even now I don't have everything, which is fine. I had to change my address for several things as well. I'm now very happy with my decor and everything, I really want some pictures on the walls though, so that's the next step. 

I my nextpost I will talk more about living alone, so stay tuned. 




1 comment:

  1. They accompany the most excellent outsides and the most upgraded insides. The greater part of our minibusses are adjusted to suit whatever your prerequisites will be. minibus hire glasgow
    thorpe park minibus hire
    minibus hire ipswich
    local minibus hire
    coach hire london

    ReplyDelete