Tuesday 25 February 2014

Why I Love Romance by Julie Shackman

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
















Hey lovelies

It's time for the first author guest post on my blog. I'm very happy to welcome Julie Shackman on Sky's Book Corner today. Her debut novel is called Rock My World, you'll find it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ICRU3J6/

You can find Julie on Twitter: @G13Julie and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/julie.shackman
And now enjoy :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

From the age of 13, I fell in love with romantic novels.

I remember reading the glossy tomb, “Princess Daisy” by Judith Krantz and the sweeping glamour of
it all, simply blew me away.

The passion; the impossibly gorgeous settings and the tortured, beautiful characters caught my
imagination immediately.

As I held this book in my hands, I just knew what I wanted to do – become a writer and hopefully
touch people with my words, in the same way authors like Judith Krantz is able to do.

My love of romance has continued since that day. In fact, I think it has grown, mainly because there
are so many fantastic romance writers out there.

The genre has expanded so much as well. It has diversified and many of the stories are moving,
funny, compelling and sexy in equal measure.

I have read many wonderful romance novels, which have left a lasting impression. Writers like
Wendy Holden; Jenny Colgan; Sophie Kinsella and Nick Spalding create effortless imagery for me,
which I find hilarious, touching and real.

In my debut contemporary romance novel “Rock My World”, I hope I have managed to reach out to
the readers too.

My protagonist, local newspaper reporter Ruby Cameron, has to deal with the ghostly presence of a
charismatic 80s rock singer and her conflicting emotions for her sexy new boss. At the same time,
she is unaware of who she really is.

In my story, I’ve strived for humour, passion, sadness and empathy. 

The thought of someone having had not a very good day, being lifted by my writing, would mean a
great deal to me.

So whether you like your Alpha Males (and frankly, who doesn’t?!) or your Confident, Sassy
Heroines, I hope you discover as much enjoyment from reading the romance genre as I do.

A huge thank you to all those fantastic romance authors out there, who gave me the confidence and
determination to write.


I hope they inspire you as much as they inspire me!

- Julie Shackman

No comments:

Post a Comment